14/04/2018

Summer awaits - 7 Dots Studio


Hello there and sweet Saturday! I was talking yesterday about tutorials as it's crafty time weekend so what way better to continue than to share another tutorial! This one is done for 7 Dots Studio.

Are you planning on summer vacation? We haven’t decided yet where we would love to go. I guess this year the budget restricts us flying but we might take the ferry to Stockholm or train to Saint Petersburg or then just travel inside Finland. We’ve visited Stockholm several times, but that’s always nice city to visit. None of us in the family has ever been to Russia so it would be the first. And there’s also a lot to see in homeland as well. 


I made this page summer in mind while pondering what to do. In the picture I used my girls are eagerly waiting to get going – we’re heading for a ferry to take us to Tallinn. I’ve lately been drawn to combination of turquoise or blue and yellow so I used the same scheme in here and mixed different collections together. I took step pictures while working so if you want to see how I made the layout, please see the steps below! 
  

Step 1. I started by making the background paper layers. I cut a piece from the “Sticky Notes” sheet and cut the edge with a notebook punch. Then I tore pieces of the “Board Games” paper and adhered the little pieces as well as the notebook edged paper to “Underpaper” sheet. I added a couple of staples for a grungy look.


Step 2. More paper details! I cut the sun from the “Sunrise” sheet and some film strips from “Vignette” and adhered them to the page. Both patterns go great to a summer page, don’t you think? 


Step 3. Bring the mediums. Next I added some yellow and minty watercolor to the layers as well as some stamping using black ink. I used the star stencil two times – first with yellow ink and then with modeling paste. 


Step 4. Then I clustered some papers and added those to the page using foam dots. I also added the photo on top using the same dots. This brings a lovely dimensional look to the layout. 


Step 5. First embellishments are in. I added a flair button near the photo and some triangular chipboard shapes along the composition. 


Step 6. I finished the page with some stickers from Paint Chips collection. I also sprinkled some epoxy stickers here and there to balance the composition. 


Thank you for your visit today! Wishing you great time planning those summer adventures! And a lot of inspiration for the weekend! 


Materials from 7 Dots Studio: 

Cotton Candy Dreams – Star stencil 
Homegrown – Clear Stamp set 
Dreamscapes – Chipboard 
Um Wow Studio – Writer’s Block Written flair


Materials: 7 Dots Studio, Prima Marketing, Ranger, Um Wow Studio

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...